Education is headed the AR way. Augmented reality service for education is redefining the classroom landscape in an unimaginable and unprecedented way. And, for the better. Educators are increasingly turning to AR experiences and apps to engage their students in classroom learning. Augmented Reality is proving what we already know – we remember better by seeing, rather than hearing alone.
The Impact and Benefits of Augmented Reality in Education
One of the main aims that drive AR app development in Australia is to make education and learning fun. Often, teachers struggle with lack of attention and boredom from students in a class. This may result from standardized and traditional modes of teaching that are usually employed in educational institutions. It is now time to spice things up a little.
With easy access to smartphones and digital technology that kids have nowadays, it has become increasingly difficult for teachers to hold their attention in class. Augmented reality technology companies might be able to bail out teachers by using these very devices to make learning more interactive and fun.
Now, on to the benefits of an AR classroom…
- Easily Explain Abstract Theories: Visual representations of complex theories and concepts that are otherwise difficult to grasp can help in better retention. The use of 3D models helps students learn quickly and remember longer.
- Engaging Learning Process: AR apps make learning fun as young students are intrigued by the game-like interface of these apps. As a result, it becomes easier for the teacher to hold their attention for longer periods of time, as opposed to conventional learning styles.
- No Extra Investments Required: almost every teenager own a smartphone. As a result, teachers no longer have to worry about investing in new learning aids. They are readily available!
- Practical Education and Training: Students now have access to hands-on learning and practical training without the necessary use of an established laboratory. This is especially useful for medical and engineering students and other similar vocations that require practical demonstrations in a laboratory setting.
- Accessible Learning Experience: give your students the option to access learning materials anywhere and at any time they need to. AR apps lend users this accessibility that traditional modes of learning lack.
Inside An Augmented Reality Classroom
The beauty of AR is that it is not here to replace traditional learning but only to augment the process. For example, AR apps may be utilized to scan textbook covers in order to provide brief summaries of the books in question. This will aid both students and teachers make smarter choices in learning resources. Imagine what a wonderful classroom experience it will be when tradition meets innovation!
Teachers are also making use of AR flashcards to better equip students with visual ideas about what they are being taught in class. Students can also make use of augmented reality-enabled worksheets to complete their homework in real quick time. This saves the teacher precious time they can otherwise devote to creating better lesson plans. In fact, though still in a nascent stage, printable AR worksheets are already being tested out in a few educational institutions.
AR apps, as already mentioned, can enhance laboratory experience, even without the presence of an actual laboratory. Added to this is the critical advantage of ensuring lab safety through the use of augmented reality technology.
Personalization is the buzzword that goes hand in hand with the idea of introducing and applying technology in a classroom setting. Different students come with their individualized learning needs. With AR apps, students can now pace their own learning as per their unique needs, without the fear or embarrassment of being judged by their peer.
If you are a school which epitomizes progress in the way it seeks to impart education, then you cannot miss out on the AR revolution that is happening now. Reach out to an augmented reality service in Melbourne today!